Kenya AA Murue Ngurueri Washed (2021/22)
|60 KG BAG
About This Coffee
Ngureri wetmill is part of Murue Farmers’ Cooperative Society, one of a few washing stations or “factories” that make up cooperative in Embu county in Kenya's central highlands.
|Murue Farmers' Co-operative Society
|1700m - 1900m
|Batian, Ruiru 11, SL28, SL34
|KEN CA WA AA
|60 KG BAG
|Grain Pro / Ecotact
The region of Embu is located in the South Eastern foothills of Mount Kenya, the highest mountain in the country and second highest in Africa after Kilimanjaro. The extinct volcano forms the backdrop for much of the surrounding country, as well as contributing to the soil fertility and cool air which allows Kenyan coffees to develop such excellence in the cup.
Bordering Kirinyaga county to the west, Embu is one of Kenya’s traditional coffee growing regions. Agriculture represents the largest sector of the local economy, with specialty coffee playing a significant role as a cash crop alongside tea and macadamia nuts.
The coffee is wet processed, where the fully ripe cherries are:
• Fermented for 12 - 48 hours (depending on climatic conditions)
• Dried slowly over 2 - 3 weeks on raised African beds until the moisture content is reduced to 10-12%.
The coffee is then processed at Othaya dry mill where it is rested in parchment for 3 weeks before being hulled, cleaned and graded by bean size. Finally, the coffee is carefully handpicked before being bagged in GrainPro for export from Mombasa.
- Subregion Embu county
- Producer Type Washing Station
- Wet Mill Ngurueri
- Bag Types Grain Pro / Ecotact
- Plant Species Arabica
- Variety Batian, Ruiru 11, SL28, SL34
- Min Growing Altitude 1700m
- Max Growing Altitude 1900m
- Screen Size 18 Up
- Co-Op Murue Farmers' Co-operative Society
- On Sale Yes
- Top Lot No
- Price Per Kg €9.95
- Status Spot
- Coffee Grade KEN CA WA AA
- CTRM Contract Number P8001785-2
- Origin Kenya
- Warehouse Vollers Hamburg